From the early days of Glowforge, when we had our first working units in the office, we had a tradition of Laser Thursdays – an event where everyone that works at the company can spend an evening sharing a meal, getting to know each other’s families, making prints, and learning from each other.
It is a tradition that we’ve come to cherish as a chance to relax, create, celebrate, and understand our product better so we can make it better for all of you. So when COVID-19 came along and sent us all to work from home, we knew we had to find a way to keep the Laser Thursday spirit alive.
And then we realized… many of you are stuck at home as well. It is so important that we all find ways to connect during this challenging time. So we’d like to extend an invitation for you to join us on Thursday, April 9th, for the first-ever Worldwide Laser Thursday. We’d like to use that time to create something to say thank you to all of the brave folks that are still working so the rest of us can stay home and stay safe – the medical personnel, first responders, delivery drivers, food workers and so many more.
We want to include everyone in the opportunity to create together, and to express gratitude, so you don’t even have to have a Glowforge to participate! (If you are a Glowforge owner, this forum thread has Glowforge-specific instructions.)
Here’s how it works:
- Download the free design. We put it out early so you can plan and also invite your friends and family to participate.
- Customize the hanging tags any way you want. You can do that using the design app of your choice, or if you are a Glowforge owner, with trace, or with our new creative tools. Or of course, feel free to make a whole new design from scratch.
- Print the design on your Glowforge. If you don’t have a Glowforge, print it on your inkjet printer, cut it out of cardboard with an x-acto knife, or… heck, etch it out of steel plate with a plasma torch!
- We’d love it if you share on social media. If you do, please use the hashtags #Glowforge and #QuarantineCrafts.
- Most important of all, hang the sign on your front door, put it in a window, mail it to your local emergency room or fire station, give it to a delivery person or a restaurant – it’s up to you!
We hope you’ll join us; see you on Thursday 4/9!